Comment below to enter for a Heavenly Mats – acupressure mat. One winner will be selected from random.org after May 3rd.
*This giveaway is now CLOSED. Comment #7 (Paula) was selected from random.org. Congrats!
Well. I’ll be honest. This mat sort of scared the heck out of me at first. I’ve never had acupuncture or acupressure done, although I always wanted to. I was too scared to follow through. Many friends have told me, “It’s wonderful – try it!” But nope. I was chicken.
When I was offered the chance to review a mat, I knew my husband would love it. So for his sake I agreed to accept the review product.
When my kids saw it on the bed, my daughter said, “Oh…don’t touch that. That’s sharp! So sharp!” They were completely fascinated by the idea that I had this sharp product in my room. They approached the mat over and over again, gently reaching out to the points, asking me if I was going to allow them to get near this foreign object.
I explained to them that the mat was for grown-ups and was not a toy. A few days later I decided to try it out; after my fears had subsided. I was able to lie on the mat for about 3 seconds. The next day I mustered through 10 seconds and by the end of the week, I was really enjoying the mat.
Now – I love it. After using the mat I feel more relaxed and less tense.
My 2 year old saw me standing on the mat one day, with bare feet. He grunted and yelled, “Boots!” Then he came back to stand on the mat (hahahaha!):
Here’s what Heavenly Mats recommends:
- Place your acupressure mat on a flat surface, such as a bed, couch, or floor.
- Lie carefully on your back with your skin in direct contact with the contact points for the best results (a thin sheet may be used initially to help you get used to the sensation).
- A rolled-up towel or pillow may be placed under the neck for added comfort.
- Try to lie still, breathing slowly and evenly.
- Some minor discomfort can be expected for the first few minutes of your first few uses, after 3-5 minutes your body should begin to feel warm and tingly. Try to stay on for at least 10 minutes the first few times.
- Once your body has accustomed to using the mat for 10 minutes at a time, slowly increase your time on the acupressure mat by 5 minutes per use, until you reach the ideal time of 30-40 minutes.
Comment below to enter for your own Heavenly Mats acupressure mat!