From matzo ball soup, to roasted chicken, tender brisket, sweet tzimmes, and decadent macaroons for dessert, Passover is a time to enjoy delicious food surrounded by friends and family. The holiday commences this Friday, April 3rd, so I thought I’d check in and see if you are interested in sharing a traditional Matzo Brei recipe, courtesy of Carrington Farms. The secret ingredients are coconut oil, which has a higher smoke point than traditional oils; and flax seeds, which are loaded with good for you heart healthy fats.
Carrington Farms Matzo Brei
• 2 sheets of Matzo, broken into pieces
• Milk to soak Matzo
• 2 Eggs, beaten
• Salt to taste
• 1 Tbsp Carrington Farms Coconut Oil or Carrington Farms liquid Coconut Cooking Oil
• Carrington Farms flax seeds
• Soak matzo in milk, drain milk and add eggs, and mix well.
• Melt coconut oil in pan or heat liquid coconut cooking oil.
• Add matzo and egg mixture and fry like an omelet, turn and fry each side 5 minutes,
• Garnish with flax seeds. Feel free to add jelly, cinnamon, syrup etc.
About Carrington Farms: Carrington Farms is dedicated to providing the absolute highest quality products to the consumer in search of a healthy way of life. With a 10 year history of developing healthy consumer packaged goods in vibrant packaging, Carrington Farms has become recognized by the health conscious consumer as the brand of choice in presenting healthy foods for a healthy soul. Carrington Farms welcomes the individual focused on quality of life and longevity to a world of innovative health food products featuring exceptional quality and delicious flavors in your quest for a satisfying Healthy Living experience. For additional information or find a Carrington Farms retailer please visit carringtonfarms.com.